Table of contents:
Video: TISE Foundations: How To Make Hanging Beams On Piles With Your Own Hands
2023 Author: Douglas Hoggarth | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-26 20:16
- Technology basis
- TISE piles
Construction of the foundation
- Pile concreting
- Grillage concreting
Individual ecological construction pursues many goals, one of which is a careful attitude to natural resources. Gentle technology allows you to get the desired result - a solid durable house, without spending extra energy and raw materials. We will tell you about the foundation, which can be erected by an average master, even alone.
The main advantage, or as they say today - "trick", of such a foundation is that it does not come into contact with the ground. More precisely, the contact area is minimal and is reduced to the surface of the piles. The tape grillage rests on them and is in a suspended state. This provides the following benefits:
- Reinforced waterproofing of the foundation is not required. For all waterproofing works, 5–6 rolls of ordinary inexpensive roofing material are enough.
- Seasonal heaving of the soil * does not affect the grillage tape. This factor often becomes the cause of the fracture of strip foundations.
- The minimum amount of earthwork.
- Ventilated space under the ceiling - reliable protection against dampness and discussion.
- The energy of the soil is used. With the correct organization of the basement and the ventilation under the house in the underground bosom, a constant temperature will be maintained.
* Heaviness of the soil - the property of the soil to change the volume with temperature changes. Depends on soil moisture and temperature.
The disadvantages can be called conditional:
- More planks are needed to form the beams.
- It must be kept for at least 21 days before stripping.
The "hanging" grillage does not differ structurally from the rooted one. The difference between them is only in the level of laying.
The peculiarity of TISE piles is that they have a developed support part in the form of an expansion along the radius of the pile. It is difficult to call it a novelty - this design has been used in industrial construction since the middle of the 18th century. The main problem - an increase in the space in the bottom of the pile hole, was solved in different ways - from special nozzles on the drill rod to the explosive method.
TISE engineers took the work of industrial mechanisms as a basis and created a special drill with a folding knife. No other way to make an expansion at a depth of 1.8 meters under these conditions has yet been invented. The drill itself has a rather primitive design and consists of the following elements:
- Vertical bar with handles.
- Dirt collector equipped with cutters in the bottom for cutting into the ground.
- Folding knife with pull to the handle.
Drilling a borehole under a pile is elementary - having reached the required level with conventional drilling, the operator throws back the knife with a pull and selects the cavity, continuing to rotate the drill. The soil is collected in a dirt collector container and the operator retrieves it to the surface. The pile depth is set from a single rule: the supporting part of the pile must be completely below the level of soil freezing.
At the moment on sale you can find two original TISE-F200, F250 and F300 drills, as well as countless copies and analogs of them. The numbers in the title are the diameter of the pit in millimeters. Drills cost:
- TISE-F200 - 75 USD e.
- TISE-F250 - $ 80 e.
- TISE-F300 - 85 USD e.
Piles and drill TISE on video
Construction of the foundation
The TISE foundation consists of two structural elements - a pile row and a grillage-beam, respectively, and the work will be divided into two stages. First you need to arrange all the piles, and then make the grillage.
After drilling all the pits, you should start preparing the frames for the piles. These can be simple frames made of reinforcement A3 Ø 12 - 3-4 working rods per one pile. Take the length with a margin of 400–600 mm. Tie the working rods with clamps.
- Making a foundation - add at least 50 mm of concrete to each pit. If you need precision in your work, at this stage you need to level the horizon at depth. To do this, pull the cord in the horizon so that it does not interfere with work, and adjust the level with a layer of concrete, focusing on the cord.
- We install the frames and concreting the support headstock of the pile.
- Install the "shirt" made of roofing material.
Video - how to make a sleeve for a pile
We concreting the piles through the conductor, as shown in the video. The height of the post on concrete is from 100 to 200 mm above ground level
Concreting of piles TISE on video
Further actions will differ depending on the material of the grillage. If it is wooden, like the rest of the house, then the piles can be cut with a grinder along the desired horizon after hardening. If the grillage is monolithic, it is necessary to focus on the tensioned cord when concreting so that the concrete level of the pile is appropriate.
After the solution has hardened (3 days), the foundation can be continued.
- Fill the space between the piles with soil or sand / slag flush with the concrete level (horizon) to a width equal to the width of the tape + 200 mm. Tamp down with boards or hand tamping.
- Lay the contact plane with roofing felt or polyethylene.
- Bend the pile reinforcement outlets at the level of the future working rods of the beam frame.
- Tie the frame in accordance with the reinforcement requirements. In this case, the outlets of the pile frame must be tied into the frame of the beams.
- We install the formwork according to the formwork requirements.
- Concreting the beams, focusing on the horizon, which is better to transfer to the inner side of the board. To do this, use high-quality concrete from pure raw materials with proportions of 1/3 / 3-4. When laying, use a vibrator - the hanging beams must be reliable.
After placing the concrete, it is necessary to withstand at least 7 days to continue the work. After removing the formwork, after 21 days, you need to remove the bedding from under the beams. The terrain will flatten out and there will be gaps between the bottom of the beam and the ground. The beam can be covered with one layer of liquid waterproofing (except for the contact surface during the further construction of TISE walls).
The final view of the TISE foundation on video
Further operation of the foundation will require the organization of underground ventilation. This can be done by bridging the gap with a perforated sheet of galvanized laminated metal. The described technology is extremely economical. Attempts to make it even cheaper by using low-quality raw materials will inevitably lead to big troubles that will start from the foundation. Decent concrete and sufficient reinforcement will extend the life of the foundation to 180 years.
When building a wooden house, pine or spruce is usually used. In a properly arranged wooden house, it will be warm in any frost, because when laying out a log house, a heater is placed inside each seam
The "warm floor" system is no longer a wonder. This article will help you understand not only the principle of operation of a water and electric underfloor heating, but also do it yourself. This will allow
Several years ago, while making a kitchen, I encountered a problem - are shop countertops made of chipboard practical? The kitchen was intended for renting out to holidaymakers, so everything must be done reliably, vacationers are different and
Making screw piles is a fairly simple process. The main thing - the presence of a small arsenal of cutting tools and a welding machine. The quality of the piles depends on the selected pillar material
There are several opinions about pile-screw foundations. Some consider this option to be ideal for relatively light frame houses and log cabins, others criticize it, giving their arguments. let's