Video: Diamond Grinding Tools: Features And Applications
2023 Author: Douglas Hoggarth | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-26 20:16
Is the concrete floor far from perfect? And it needs to be polished quickly and efficiently ?! There is a solution - use diamond cutters and your floors will shine like a mirror!
With the growth of construction work and industrial buildings, the question of effective and high-quality processing of concrete pavements, an integral part of which is the laying of a flat concrete floor, is increasingly raised. The reliability and service life of the building as a whole depends on how competently and efficiently the concrete pavement is leveled. That is why, more and more often, the process of finishing and delivering concrete floors in accordance with the standards (max unevenness is 4 mm at a 2 meter length) is assigned to roughing and grinding the floor with a diamond grinding tool capable of processing large areas with a minimum of time and power costs.
The history of the use of diamond grinding tools for industrial purposes begins in the 90s of the 20th century, when for the first time domestic production of mosaic grinding machines of the CO and GM type, the main elements of which are diamond grinders, began to be mass-produced.
So, diamond grinding mills are a diamond tool consisting of a metal body with diamond segments soldered onto it, used for roughing and grinding concrete, stone, slabs. Due to the use of diamonds of various configurations and sizes in the segments, the efficiency and productivity of work with diamond grinding mills increases tenfold, and the resource and speed are incomparable with conventional abrasives.
As is the case with any other diamond tool for the construction industry, there are no specific standards and technologies for manufacturing diamond grinding mills. Each large manufacturing organization, such as the Adel Group of Companies, develops its own formula for the diamond segment for grinding mills, taking into account the specifics of the surface to be processed and the work performed in general.
The nomenclature of diamond grinding cutters is quite diverse. Thus, the experts of the Adel Group of Companies, which has been producing diamond tools for over 17 years, offer the following classification of diamond grinding tools:
1. Diamond grinders for CO and GM series mosaic grinders. These diamond cutters are designed for processing and grinding industrial floors on mosaic grinders. Mills for this equipment are usually completed with 6 pieces (sometimes 3 pieces) and are subdivided into several subspecies depending on the shape and type of machine:
- Diamond cutters (rings). They are round-shaped diamond grinding cutters intended for completing mosaic-grinding machines of the SO-199 type. Diamond rings are operated using coolant for grinding medium-abrasive and abrasive class B and C materials: concrete, hard refractories, paving slabs, marble, granite. Such diamond cutters can be mounted using triangular adapters or directly to the crosshead after minor modifications.
- Diamond cutters (triangles). They are cast diamond grinding cutters of a round shape with a triangular adapter fused together with the body. These cutters are intended for a complete set of mosaic grinding machines of the CO type. Grinding triangles of this series are operated using coolant for grinding medium-abrasive and abrasive class B and C materials: concrete, hard refractories, paving slabs, marble, granite.
- Diamond cutters (Frankfurt). They are trapezoidal diamond grinding cutters designed for grinding building materials with GM mosaic grinding machines using coolant. Frankfurt are used for grinding medium and abrasive class B and C materials: concrete, hard refractories, paving slabs, marble, granite.
2. Diamond grinding mills for angle grinders (grinders). Diamond grinding cutters of this category are used to perform local roughing and grinding work on angle grinders, they are completed by 1 piece, they have different diameters.
- Segment double-row diamond grinding cutters. They are diamond grinding cutters of a dish-shaped design, on the end surface of which, in a certain order, diamond segments are soldered in two rows. The cutters are made according to the size of the diamond grain used and are recommended for operation without cooling.
- Sintered Diamond Grinding Bits. They are round-shaped diamond cutters with a sintered annular diamond layer. The cutters are designed for processing natural stone, leveling surfaces, processing end faces, chamfering with manual angle grinders, both with the use of cooling and by dry processing. Now, almost no large construction project is rented out without preliminary processing of the floors with a diamond grinding tool. The popularity and efficiency of the use of diamond grinding cutters is constantly growing.
The advantages of diamond grinding tools are obvious:
- Diamond grinding cutters are very tough and durable, which allows a wide range of material grinding with the required precision.
- The speed and resource of floor processing with diamond grinding mills is tens of times higher than the productivity of work with conventional abrasives.
- Roughing and sanding floors without noise, dust and vibrations.
Nowadays, diamond grinding technologies are used everywhere - construction, reconstruction of industrial and civil buildings, bridge and road construction - these are only a small part of the areas where diamond grinding tools are used. Such an effective technology for processing industrial floors has led to the fact that more and more manufacturers of diamond tools are expanding their range of tools, and are introducing their own diamond grinding cutters to the market.
On the territory of Russia today there are about 20 suppliers of diamond grinding mills, but only about 5 companies are manufacturers. This situation is due to the fact that not all suppliers are manufacturers. The group of companies "Adel", the largest manufacturer of diamond tools in Russia, distinguishes 2 categories of companies supplying diamond grinding mills:
- Zero-cycle diamond grinding tool manufacturers. They are engaged in the complex production of diamond grinding cutters, from the development and manufacture of cutter segments, ending with the production of metal bodies and soldering of segments to them. There are only no more than 5 such organizations in Russia, and they are fully responsible for the quality and technological features of the use of cutters in industry.
"Assemblers" of diamond grinding tools.
Such organizations are only partially involved in the production of diamond cutters, i.e. as a rule, they buy components, diamond segments and cases, and combine them into a finished product. The main difference between "assembly companies" is that they do not produce segments themselves, and, accordingly, cannot fully vouch for the quality of the finished product at the output.
In the modern construction industry, the use of diamond grinding technologies is an advanced method for processing concrete and stone coatings, providing high productivity, guaranteed reliability and safety of the work performed.
The article was prepared by ADEL Moscow (Karat Service LLC), Advertising
Need to make an opening in a concrete wall? No noise, dust and vibration ?! No problem if you have a diamond tool. The diamond tool is capable of cutting multi-meter holes in concrete, making them perfect
We, as consumers, have known heat guns for a long time. The smallest version of such a device is a home hair dryer. Naturally, in industrial conditions, such products are not
To care for a garden and a vegetable garden requires a lot of inventory and tools. Rakes, shovels, hoes, garden shears. It will take a long time to list. And all this must be stored somewhere, so that the inventory is under
In terms of the efficiency of processing hard materials, synthetic diamonds have practically no competitors. In our review, we will talk about the types of diamond tools, the features of the choice, and most importantly & nbsp
For a number of purposes, it is reasonable to use not standard cladding materials, but special slabs based on mineralized fibers. RMNT invites readers to get acquainted with such material as fiberboard, learn