Video: Apartment Renovation Procedure
When carrying out repairs, the question arises where to start?
First of all, you should live a little in a new apartment. This is due to the fact that you will know more clearly what and where of the furniture should be, and what needs to be done to achieve comfort. Do not forget that the apartment has such things as a vacuum cleaner, a sewing machine, jars of jam, all this needs to be stored somewhere (here you need to remember all oversized items) and, therefore, you need to make or buy cabinets for them.
First, let's try to imagine how the layout of the apartment will look like.
Let's measure the dimensions of each of the rooms, and then, take a piece of paper in a box and draw a room on a scale (view from the top) along with doors and windows. Then we measure the furniture, and also draw on a scale on another sheet of paper. We write words on them: wardrobe, bed, table, etc. We cut out all this with scissors, and put it on a drawing with the dimensions of the room.
Without spending physical effort, we "arrange" conventional furniture on a sheet of paper.
(This can be done on a cam- puter, but you need a good program, and you still need to understand it).
Moving furniture on a piece of paper, we more clearly imagine the future room. Do not forget about the width of the passages to the doors, do not leave them too narrow.
Next, you should decide on the design. This already applies to the taste of each owner, and then decide what you want to do and how much to keep within. Based on this, you can look after the necessary materials in stores.
Where to begin?
You need to start with the dirtiest work, and think over the order of their implementation in such a way that you do not have to perform them again.
These works will include: leveling concrete floors, replacing and laying new electrical wiring, installing hidden sockets, leveling walls, replacing heating devices, installing doors and windows, as well as all work in which you need to hammer something or cover with mortar.
1. You can start with an electrician. Decide where you need to install additional sockets, and make a wire connection under them, but do not install the sockets themselves and do not connect to the shield. It is advisable to install more sockets in the kitchen (TV, receiver, kitchen combiner, microwave oven, refrigerator, gas stove, extractor hood, washing machine …). (The washing machine is connected with a three-wire cable). All this wiring must be carried out with a thicker wire, depending on the load, and connected with an additional wire to the electrical panel. In the corridor, you also need to provide sockets for a telephone, a vacuum cleaner …, and also pass the antenna cable (you can install a crab) to the desired place.
2. If you change radiators, then you should think about where else you will have to use welding, so as not to return to this issue. Here at this stage you will be faced with crumbling walls, dust and debris.
3. After that, you can start leveling the walls and floors. It is advisable to pierce the joints of the wall panels with a screwdriver and tap, for the presence of voids. If you find any, then be sure to close it up. This will improve sound insulation and keep the home warm.
The corner of the floor and walls, you must try to align well. The fit of the plinth will depend on this, otherwise gaps will be guaranteed. After the walls are leveled, you can start installing outlets and switches.
4. Next, we proceed to the replacement of doors, windowsills and windows. Once the walls and floors are aligned, the doors can be positioned more accurately, while uneven floors can be misplaced from floor to bottom of the door.
5. Putty and whitewash the ceiling.
6. We lay the floors, cycle and varnish.
7. Glue the wallpaper. When wallpapering, turn off the light in the dashboard on the landing, remove the covers from the sockets and switches. We cut out the wallpaper for sockets and switches, and then fasten the covers and turn on the light. To be sure that there is no voltage in the outlet, plug it in, for example, a transistor receiver. From the top of the ceiling, you can draw a marking line with a pencil, along which the wallpaper will be glued. All whitewash below the line must be washed off, otherwise the wallpaper will lag behind in this place. Remember that if there are white spots on the wall (spots of glue or lime paint), be sure to clean them off, because the wallpaper does not stick to the painted places.
8. We fix the plinth and platbands, thereby closing the ends of the wallpaper. We drill the plinth to the wall and screw it in with screws. First you need to adjust it, then turn it off, cover it with stain and varnish, and only then screw it up. Covering in place can stain the wallpaper. Antenna and telephone cables can be passed under the skirting board.
9. Next, holes are drilled and shelves, cornices, etc. are suspended.
The bathroom and toilet should be done very first thing. Install plumbing and replace or remodel plumbing. Tiles on the walls can only be laid after welding. Otherwise, even the smallest spark will burn the top layer of the tile, and the tile will be damaged.
A balcony or a loggia can be done last, since there you can store leftover materials, and install a workbench and a vice. All this will be needed during the final cycle of work.
If during the repair you live in this apartment, then you need to start from the farthest room, gradually moving to the kitchen.
Here we give our view on the sequence of work, but the choice is yours.
Popular by topic
The shelves are usually made of African abachi wood, which has a unique property - not to heat up: at a sauna temperature of 90-110 ° C, its surface temperature is no more than 40 ° C. Supports for walls
When repairing pipelines, you can use not only steel pipes, but also brass, copper and metal-plastic pipes, since they are more durable, more technological and environmentally friendly. For mixer operation
Renovating a bathroom is not an easy task. Too troublesome and expensive. Therefore, before starting repairs in the bathroom and toilet, you should think over everything to the smallest detail and solve many issues. For example, what
Does a city apartment need additional water purification? There are at least two arguments "for". Firstly, water for municipal water supply is treated only from the most dangerous contaminants (moreover
Coordination of the redevelopment of premises in the Interdepartmental Commission (IAC) is necessary if changes in the original structure will be made in the premises