Video: Colorful Specials Effects
2023 Author: Douglas Hoggarth | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-24 11:23
How to apply special stencil effect?
1. This technique allows you to create multicolor patterns and even achieve a three-dimensional effect using stencils. They are most often "stuffed" with decorative borders, where the pattern from the stencil is repeated over and over again by moving the stencil sheet. This technique can be applied to both walls and furniture.
2. Stencils can be purchased at art stores, or decoration stores.
3. Or you can make a stencil sheet yourself: you will need tracing paper, special waxed stencil paper, a pencil, pin and scalpel or a sharp knife.
4. Choose the pattern you like, enlarge it on a photocopier. Or draw it yourself. Bind the tracing paper to stencil paper. Use carbon paper to transfer your design onto tracing paper.
5. Carefully cut out the pattern, leaving bridges to connect individual sections. If the waxed paper accidentally breaks through in any places, fix the cuts with tape.
6. Use transparent adhesive tape to attach the stencil to the wall, using a special stencil brush or sponge, apply paint by poking to reduce the risk of it flowing under the stencil.
7. When the entire sheet is painted over, wait a little, carefully remove the stencil, and move it to fill the next section of the pattern.
How to apply special rag roller effect?
1. Another simple effect, a combination of two colors - rolling with a rag roller. The surface turns out to be unusual, something like "Venetian plaster", or a pattern of frost on winter glass.
2. Paint the walls with a roller in the base color. It is better if the paint is semi-glossy. Let dry.
3. Then apply a thinned paint of a different color with a wide brush and roll a rag roller (clean, crumpled cloth) over it to remove some of the paint before it has dried.
4. Use a lint-free linen or cotton rag to make the roller, and change it often until it is soaked in paint.
5. When rolling a rag roller on the surface, do not interrupt the movement, change directions so that there are no stripes, cover small areas with light touches of a rag.
6. Before you start - pick colors, not all shades may look good in this technique, practice this method on a piece of cardboard or plywood.
How to create a special marbled effect?
1. This is the most difficult of all techniques. This effect requires at least a little artistic training. If you have never held an art brush in your hands, then I advise you to practice a little longer on a piece of cardboard or plywood.
2. This technique gives a very effective result, your wall or furniture can really look like marble (if you take the time and patience, and follow the instructions exactly).
3. The best results are obtained with oil glaze (see the section "How to paint a wall with a special glaze effect"), applied to the semi-matt gloss of the base paint.
4. A thin layer of colored glaze (the color of the glaze will be the main color of the marble, so try experimenting with different shades first.) Apply either with a brush or with a lint-free cloth pad.
5. While still wet, add texture to the glaze by blending it with a wide textured brush. Then add more paint to the glaze (making it thicker), apply spots of different intensities to the surface, and then blend again with a textured brush.
6. On the glaze that is still wet, paint white streaks with a fine art brush, a mixture of glaze and art paints, of varying lengths and widths (keep an example of a real marble pattern in front of you).
7. With a soft, dry wide brush, soften the veins and their transitions to the background color. Dry your brush regularly to avoid smudges.
8. Now dilute some glaze with a different art paint color (preferably dark or even black) and using an art brush, highlight some areas of the veins and add more. Then blend again with a wide brush.
9. After drying, cover with a protective layer of varnish. Take a matte varnish rather than a glossy one (although, if you want a special shine, you can also use a glossy one.)
How to create a special the sponge effect?
1. This sponge technique is used to randomly apply paint stains to the basecoat. The sponge is used natural - sea (it can be bought in any store, in the department of everything for the sauna and bath).
2. On already painted and dried walls, you can put one or more layers of paints of a different color. This will give the wall decoration depth and complexity that is pleasing to the eye.
3. Soak the sponge in water so that it swells as much as possible, then squeeze it out, ready to receive the paint.
4. First, test its effect on a piece of cardboard or plywood, practice: dip the sponge into the paint and apply with light pressure, leaving scattered color spots.
5. Apply to the wall in this way a paint other than the base color. Let the paint dry, then go back to the beginning of the surface and add more spots if you need to deepen the contrast with the background.
6. Let the wall dry completely, take the third color, and apply it with a sponge, in the same way as before.
How to paint a special wall the glaze effect?
1. The glaze is translucent, it allows you to see the underlying layer underneath. It can give a room a touch of originality and elegance.
2. Water-based glazes are made from water-based paints diluted with water or a suitable emulsion to achieve a suitable degree of transparency.
3. Water-based glazes produce a thinner, more open layer and dry very quickly. (But they are not suitable for the rather complex marbled painting technique).
4. The main component of solvent (oil) glazes is glaze. It is usually diluted with a mixture of one part linseed oil and two parts white spirit (thinner). But the proportions can be changed. A higher glaze content enhances the effect, but lengthens the drying time.
5. Paint the wall with the color you need and wait until it dries completely. Then prepare a glaze, preferably a contrasting color, and apply it to the wall, rubbing with a cloth.
6. Before applying this effect on the wall, try on a piece of white plywood, because when applied to one another, the colors sometimes give a very unusual result.