Video: How Do I Remove Old Paint?
1. If you have old wooden furniture, you can give it new life by painting it to match your new style and color of the room. You can also paint window frames and doors. But in order for the paint to lay down well, the surface must be properly prepared. This is especially true for window frames, because if you do not clean the old paint, but paint directly on it, then the window may not close later.
2. There are two ways to remove paint from wood and metal surfaces. The first method uses heat (previously, a blowtorch was used for this), now an electric hair dryer. The heat method works well for wood (although, if done carelessly, it can scorch the surface), but it is less suitable for metal, in which heat spreads very quickly.
3. Direct a jet of hot air at the surface to soften the paint. When the paint starts to bubble, remove it with a spatula. Use a triangular or triangular spatula or shaving razor to remove paint from grooves. Try not to damage the wood, especially if you are going to varnish it later.
4. The second method of removing paint is chemical, with a solution of caustic soda, or dimethylene chloride. This method is suitable for all surfaces, but also requires extreme care and strict adherence to the manufacturer's instructions.
5. Put on rubber gloves and old work clothes. Pour the wash liquid into a plastic box. Apply it with a brush to the surface to be cleaned until the paint starts to bubble.
6. Use a flat trowel to remove softened paint. Neutralize the cleaned surface by rinsing it with water or white spirit (thinner). Let dry.
7. You can also make your own paint remover paste. To do this, pour caustic soda (sodium hydroxide) into the water until it stops dissolving; then add oatmeal (oatmeal). Be extremely careful, in case of contact with skin, rinse with plenty of cold water!
8. Use the paste in the same way as the commercial remover. The paste is especially good for removing paint from complex shapes as it dries very slowly. Apply the paste generously.
9. Give her enough time to act, especially in areas where the paint is thick. Then scrape it off along with the paint. After cleaning, rinse the surface thoroughly with water.
Popular by topic
You can paint walls, floors, ceilings and other elements of a house or apartment with different paints and different tools. One of the most popular and commonly used paint application tools is the paint roller
It's not a secret for anyone that no construction, no repairs are complete without paint. What paint to choose? And most importantly - how? First of all, you need to decide for yourself how high-quality
Are you really tired of an old peeling bathtub, the mere sight of which just makes you sick? Enamel has long lost its luster, and in some places has worn off and covered with cracks? Rust has eaten in so that nothing is
Resistance to washing and abrasion is characterized by the number of strokes with a brush of a certain hardness in a wet or dry state before the paint layer is broken. This indicator is decisive when choosing a paint
Is it possible to restore the former shine and beauty of an old parquet floor and what is needed for this? Of course you can. It is necessary to invite craftsmen and recycle and varnish the floors that have worn out over time. But before