Video: How To Choose Wallpaper Glue
2023 Author: Douglas Hoggarth | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-24 11:23
Glue is a sticky hardening compound for tight connection, bonding of parts.
START ON TIME
The choice of glue is carried out simultaneously with the choice of the material to be glued. It is often possible to purchase adhesives of the same brand as the finishing material (for example, some wallpaper manufacturers produce adhesives of the same brands as wallpaper).
WHERE TO BEGIN
It is necessary to determine:
- what type of glue is appropriate for working with a specific material;
- prepare the surface accordingly, which will determine the subsequent strength of the joint;
- carefully read the instructions for using the glue.
All types of adhesives are produced:
- in the form of a dry mixture, which is diluted with water in the proportion indicated on the package;
- ready to eat.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW WHAT
The main characteristics of the glue are:
- adhesive ability (adhesion);
There are universal adhesives that can be used for gluing various coatings (both ceiling panels and tiles).
Using a special glue for certain types of work is more likely to provide the desired result than using a universal glue.
WHAT THE PRICE DEPENDS ON
From the presence of various fillers that provide certain qualities (color, level of adhesion, frost resistance, etc.) - the higher the useful qualities, the more expensive the glue.
Domestic adhesives are usually cheaper than imported ones.
DO NOT DO IT
Considering the small specific cost of biting in the total cost of finishing, facing, laying, the use of cheap brands is unjustified.
The packaging must contain the details of the manufacturer. Untitled glue can be dangerous.