Video: Wallpaper Marking
2023 Author: Douglas Hoggarth | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-24 11:23
In order for you to be able to orient yourself correctly when choosing wallpaper, we suggest you study the list of international symbols, armed with which you will feel like a professional in any store.
1. Waterproof. Fresh wallpaper glue can be wiped off with a damp sponge.
2. Washable. Can be wiped clean with a soft, damp cloth and mild detergent, while removing common dirt and dust (excluding grease or solvent stains) without damaging the surface.
3. Super washable. It can be washed with a wet sponge or rag, adding a small amount of sound soap (a type of laundry soap containing a lot of fatty acids) to the water, without damaging the wallpaper. Grease and solvent stains cannot be removed.
4. Wear-resistant. Wash with a wet sponge or soft brush using alkaline solutions. This removes dirt, dust and water-soluble stains. Fresh grease and solvent stains are partially removed.
5. Relatively lightfast. Do not fade in the sun for a long time.
6. Very lightfast. Does not fade even under direct sunlight.
7. Completely removable. When renovating, this wallpaper can be removed from the wall without leaving any residue.
8. Applying glue to the wall. The glue is applied not to the seamy side of the wallpaper, but to the wall.
9. Self-adhesive. The glue has already been applied to the seamy side of the wallpaper, you just need to moisten it with water.
10. Not completely removable. During renovation, the top layer of wallpaper is removed from the wall without moisture, while the bottom layer remains as waste paper.
11. No alignment. When gluing, it is not necessary to take into account the pattern.
12. Straight horizontal docking (alignment). The same pattern should be on the same level.
13. Step alignment. When gluing each subsequent panel, the pattern is shifted by half the height of the pattern element.
14. Displacement of the picture. The height of the pattern offset, the so-called rapport, is indicated in centimeters.
15. Double layer. High quality two-layer embossed wallpaper.
16. Special material. Must be used with appropriate materials.
17. Adhered in the direction of the arrow. The arrow always points to the ceiling.
18. Reversible gluing. Each subsequent panel is glued in the opposite direction, literally upside down.