Video: Sliding Doors
The door on rollers along the guides is distinguished by light transmission and convenience. The door from the house to the garden is like an imperceptible transition from the world of comfort to the world of beauty. One option is a sliding panel door. It opens by sliding along the inner wall. Such designs are used when there is not enough space for a swing door. Patio (patio) doors are sold in standard sets. They are ready to be assembled. Supplied frames are available in aluminum, wood or plastic. Their width is from 1800 to 6000 mm and their height is from 2100 to 2400 mm.
Doors with a wooden frame are more expensive, but better in terms of thermal insulation. The popular type of patio door (shown on this page) has two door panels - a fixed and a movable one. Three and four panel kits are on sale. Some kits have stretchers. They are inserted into the openings before starting to install the frames and door panels.
Start the installation from the opening. Pay attention to its vertical position and angles. Leave a tolerance of 3-5mm on each side. The bottom of the opening should be flush with the floor or slightly higher. If the edge of the opening coincides with the horizontal waterproofing gasket, it only needs to be reinforced with a layer of cement. If higher, place a new gasket along the bottom edge of the opening. The layer of grout should not exceed 10 mm, and on top of it lay a strip of waterproof membrane. Make sure the spacer protrudes slightly from the plane of the brickwork of the wall. Then lay another 10mm layer of cement over the pad.
After the door panels have been installed, adjusted, and the lock and handles attached, place a non-hardening sealing putty between the frame and the outside brick wall. Now it is the turn of the plaster. It should be placed between the wall and the box.
1. Sealing the box with wedges. Assemble the box according to the firm's instructions. With an assistant, lift the box and insert it into the opening. Old advice - follow the level for verticality and so that the corners are straight.
If necessary, hammer in wooden wedges between the sides of the box and the wall in the places where the structure will be fixed. At this time, the assistant must monitor the verticality of the box.
2. Fixing the box. Use an electric drill to drill holes through the jambs of the box. Fill in the plugs and screw the box to the wall. Sink the screw heads, fill the holes with wood putty.
3. Installation of a fixed panel. Check that the panel is correctly inserted into the grooves at the top and bottom of the box. Slide the panel firmly against the jamb. Insert the sill step into the slot between the fixed panel and the opposite jamb to secure the bottom of the fixed panel. Make sure the sill step is firmly installed and secure with screws.
4. Installation of the dividing bar. To reinforce a fixed panel from above, insert a closing bar between it and the side jamb. Screw the spacer bar separating the movable from the fixed panel to the headboard of the box.
5. Installing the movable panel. The work is done outside the house. Insert the top edge of the movable panel into the guide in the headroom of the box, then lower the panel onto the lower guide. Screw the movable panel stop onto the rail at the top of the box.
6. Adjustment of the movable panel. Check that the rollers move freely when opening and closing the door. If it sticks or, conversely, the stroke is wobbly, adjust the clearance between the panel and the bottom of the box with the screws in the wheel socket. The movable panel must move without touching the threshold.
Popular by topic
We got curious: what are sliding doors? What are they needed for? But before telling what their advantages and disadvantages are, you need to understand what interior doors generally exist in the world
As for domestic steel doors, which are mostly produced on an individual order, the number and thickness of sheets is a matter of the customer's desire. But at the same time, it seems to us, one should take into account
The theater begins with a coat rack, and a room begins with a door. The overall impression of your interior is directly dependent on how its zones are divided. At least one door will fall out of the general context - and about the word
There are different types of slats to help prevent drafts, but the most important thing is a good fit of the door itself. For example, if you nail a rail against a stuck door, then
This is a good choice for a modern home, where rooms are small, and, therefore, walls are in great shortage. The passage from the kitchen to the dining room often connects two small rooms. Therefore, standard swing doors